I've Been going to this course called 'Discover Club!' every Saturday. The club show's you the different types of science there is and not all science is in science labs with lab coats and goggles on. It's a lot about how women scientists are protrayed in the media.
Women can be just as good as men at science. Before this club started I would think of a women scientist as geeky, wears glasses, messy and greasy hair, porbably spotty, didn't care about anything but her job, wouldn't have a boyfriend/husband or children, probably live alone with her cats. But now after going to this club, it's showed me that, just because your a scientist doesn't mean your anything like this and definitely after seeing some women scientist, I can say I haven't met one like my description yet, all of the one's we have seen have been normal women, not geekish at all and I wouldn't say any of them lived alone with their cats.
Thanks for reading, hope for some comments.
No comments:
Post a Comment